Search This Blog

Saturday 27 July 2013

Bodybuilding question. What does bulking and cutting mean?

by count1564

Bulking is when you are pushing your body as hard as it can be pushed in the gym and eating well above your maintainence as far as calories go daily. This doesn't mean you eat cheeseburgers and other fattening food. You try and stay with healthy fats so you put on some nice learn muscle so your cut is easier.

When you cut, you eat below your maintainence, but tapper off from the bullking cals. You do cardio 2 or 3 times a week at 65% of your VO2 max heart rate. Anywhere from 60-70% burns fat, 65 is the most effective. You also want to lift. Get in lots of protein so you don;t lose all the muslce you just worked so hard for. Don't weight train as hard since your cals are less.

I have been cutting for about 2 months now and it is going great. I can see my abs for the first time in my life and at the same time, I am gaining lean body mass.


No comments:

Post a Comment