Search This Blog

Monday 29 December 2014

New Year's Resolutions

by Vince

I don't like making one because it seems too easy to break. I used to make them every year but could not keep to them. So rather that making them every year. I made them every month. Then as I got more done and was getting the results I wanted I made them every week.

So if you are someone that has made them every year and not got what you needed set it for shorter time frames and make more of them so that you can track what progress you are making. This way you actually are spending more effort getting the result.

So for instance if you wanted to learn how to program a computer then rather than say I will learn by next year say I will learn half the book in 3 months, spending 1 hour a day in this effort. The as you get to half way through your resolution time have a look where you are, you will then know if you need to work harder. You won't put it off.

If you make it for a year, what tends to happen is you start off well and fast but as the days pass you lose motivation and put what you wanted to do aside. Then as it gets closer to your deadline (many months time) you think, its too hard I'll leave it to next year.

How many times has this happened? I'm guessing a lot and this is very common. But to break out of it set a shorter time frame so that you are always pushing yourself.

I love to procrastinate that it why I need to set it for every month or week. You might be better and set it for every 2 months. (The biggest procrastinator may need to set out what they want to do every day and actually take action before they run out of motivation).

I hope that gets you ahead, right away.

Plus, you don't need to wait to next year to improve. You can improve at this moment. Don't wait, take action and create what you want, even if it is an hour, half an hour or 10 minutes at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment